Watch an RBMA Lecture with Disco Legend and Inventor of the Remix Tom Moulton
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Now that RBMA's first NYC session is officially underway, we expect a steady stream of the event's many lectures and tutorials will begin to make their way to the web. Today, the first has arrived in the form of a fascinating discussion with legendary disco producer and the man credited with inventing the 12" single, the remix, the extended breakbeat, and more, Tom Moulton. The two-plus hour lecture covers much of Moulton's career from his time—no joke—purchasing 45s to stock jukeboxes to crafting the first continuous mixtapes and, of course, his long career of producing, mixing, and mastering some of disco's most classic hits. The complete lecture can be watched in full here.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player