Watch an RBMA Lecture with Disco Legend and Inventor of the Remix Tom Moulton
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Now that RBMA's first NYC session is officially underway, we expect a steady stream of the event's many lectures and tutorials will begin to make their way to the web. Today, the first has arrived in the form of a fascinating discussion with legendary disco producer and the man credited with inventing the 12" single, the remix, the extended breakbeat, and more, Tom Moulton. The two-plus hour lecture covers much of Moulton's career from his time—no joke—purchasing 45s to stock jukeboxes to crafting the first continuous mixtapes and, of course, his long career of producing, mixing, and mastering some of disco's most classic hits. The complete lecture can be watched in full here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player