Watch an RBMA Lecture with Disco Legend and Inventor of the Remix Tom Moulton
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Now that RBMA's first NYC session is officially underway, we expect a steady stream of the event's many lectures and tutorials will begin to make their way to the web. Today, the first has arrived in the form of a fascinating discussion with legendary disco producer and the man credited with inventing the 12" single, the remix, the extended breakbeat, and more, Tom Moulton. The two-plus hour lecture covers much of Moulton's career from his time—no joke—purchasing 45s to stock jukeboxes to crafting the first continuous mixtapes and, of course, his long career of producing, mixing, and mastering some of disco's most classic hits. The complete lecture can be watched in full here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player