Watch an RBMA Lecture with Disco Legend and Inventor of the Remix Tom Moulton
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Now that RBMA's first NYC session is officially underway, we expect a steady stream of the event's many lectures and tutorials will begin to make their way to the web. Today, the first has arrived in the form of a fascinating discussion with legendary disco producer and the man credited with inventing the 12" single, the remix, the extended breakbeat, and more, Tom Moulton. The two-plus hour lecture covers much of Moulton's career from his time—no joke—purchasing 45s to stock jukeboxes to crafting the first continuous mixtapes and, of course, his long career of producing, mixing, and mastering some of disco's most classic hits. The complete lecture can be watched in full here.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player