Watch Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum Talk Music, Collaboration, and More
Last month, we reported that Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum (a.k.a. Travis Stewart)—who together operate as Jets—had launched the Ultramajic imprint, and would issue Edgar's Hot Inside EP as its inaugural release on June 10. Today, a Yours Truly-curated clip of the pair has surfaced, one which finds Edgar and Stewart discussing the genesis of their collaborative project and the new label, while also taking the time to play a few cuts from a forthcoming Jets release. During the course of the discussion, the pair also wax amusingly about the differences between working and living in Berlin versus New York, most notably pointing to an abundance of free time and creative energy that exists in Berlin. The full clip is available to watch below.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player