Watch Julio Bashmore's and Kowton's Video for "Mirror Song"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since first announcing their collaborative single together back in March, Julio Bashmore's (pictured above) and Kowton's "Mirror Song," has—after initially dropping in limited quantities on Record Store Day—officially seen a wide release this week. To mark the occasion, a video for the tense, forceful tune has surfaced. Using footage from black-and-white film The Lady from Shanghai, the video follows a series of characters as they begin to go mad inside a carnival fun house, occasionally confronting a series of—you guessed it—mirrors. Of course, the film has been manipulated and rearranged to make the proceedings even more disorienting and strangely fitting for the Bristol producers' tune. The video for "Mirror Song"—which is out now via Bashmore's own Broadwalk imprint—can be watched below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player