Watch Julio Bashmore's and Kowton's Video for "Mirror Song"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since first announcing their collaborative single together back in March, Julio Bashmore's (pictured above) and Kowton's "Mirror Song," has—after initially dropping in limited quantities on Record Store Day—officially seen a wide release this week. To mark the occasion, a video for the tense, forceful tune has surfaced. Using footage from black-and-white film The Lady from Shanghai, the video follows a series of characters as they begin to go mad inside a carnival fun house, occasionally confronting a series of—you guessed it—mirrors. Of course, the film has been manipulated and rearranged to make the proceedings even more disorienting and strangely fitting for the Bristol producers' tune. The video for "Mirror Song"—which is out now via Bashmore's own Broadwalk imprint—can be watched below.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Surgeon, Jackmaster, John Talabot, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player