Watch Julio Bashmore's and Kowton's Video for "Mirror Song"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since first announcing their collaborative single together back in March, Julio Bashmore's (pictured above) and Kowton's "Mirror Song," has—after initially dropping in limited quantities on Record Store Day—officially seen a wide release this week. To mark the occasion, a video for the tense, forceful tune has surfaced. Using footage from black-and-white film The Lady from Shanghai, the video follows a series of characters as they begin to go mad inside a carnival fun house, occasionally confronting a series of—you guessed it—mirrors. Of course, the film has been manipulated and rearranged to make the proceedings even more disorienting and strangely fitting for the Bristol producers' tune. The video for "Mirror Song"—which is out now via Bashmore's own Broadwalk imprint—can be watched below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player