Watch Masters at Work's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Glenn Jackson
With Red Bull Music Academy's first NYC session in full swing, we've gotten our hands on the exclusive video of last week's two-hour lecture with East Coast house pioneers Masters at Work. In the course of the discussion, Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez and "Little" Louie Vega cover the history of their longstanding partnership—the two have worked together for over 20 years now—hitting on their approach to remixes (the pair is responsible for over 800 reworks and edits by this point), and their choice to embrace the converging worlds of hip-hop, house, funk, and disco early on. Along the way, the outfit also dishes out some helpful legal advice for budding artists and talk of the group's sound looking forward before taking questions from the current crop of RBMA students. The full lecture can be watched below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player