Watch a Mini-Doc About Brian Eno's Visual Art
- Words: Patric Fallon
Most people might not realize that Brian Eno, the legendary producer/singer/musician responsible for influencing (not to mention creating) an immense amount of contemporary music, actually got his start as a visual artist. A young Eno when to art school outside of the small English town he grew up in, but while enrolled, wound up discovering his love and inherent knack for music—and the rest is history. That never stopped the artist from exercising his visual talents, though, and today, we're treated to a short doc about that particular side of his work. Red Bull Music Academy presents Light and Time, a film from director Scott Thrift and production company m ss ng p eces which offers viewers a glimpse at Eno's latest installation, 77 Million Paintings, while the creator himself describes the work and discusses its meaning and historical background.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player