Watch a Mini-Doc on Vinyl with Idle Hands, Well Rounded, and More
- Words: Tim Gentles
Bristol-based filmmaker Alexander Macdonald has put together a short film on music obsessives' ongoing infatuation with vinyl records—a subject we explored earlier today with the aid of Kyle Hall, Gerd Janson, and others in our Wax Estatic feature. Compiling interviews with Donga of Well Rounded, Henry Bainbridge of Dub Studio, and Chris Farrel of Idle Hands, the mini-documentary offers insight into the people who have dedicated their lives and careers to those spinning discs. Also discussed is the financial precarity of the record-selling/making business, as well as the undeniable appeal of analog over digital. The full 13-minute White Label mini-doc can be watched below. (via The Daily Street).
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player