Watch a Mini-Doc on Vinyl with Idle Hands, Well Rounded, and More
- Words: Tim Gentles
Bristol-based filmmaker Alexander Macdonald has put together a short film on music obsessives' ongoing infatuation with vinyl records—a subject we explored earlier today with the aid of Kyle Hall, Gerd Janson, and others in our Wax Estatic feature. Compiling interviews with Donga of Well Rounded, Henry Bainbridge of Dub Studio, and Chris Farrel of Idle Hands, the mini-documentary offers insight into the people who have dedicated their lives and careers to those spinning discs. Also discussed is the financial precarity of the record-selling/making business, as well as the undeniable appeal of analog over digital. The full 13-minute White Label mini-doc can be watched below. (via The Daily Street).
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player