Watch Richie Hawtin's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Techno luminary and Minus label head Richie Hawtin recently stopped by the Red Bull Music Academy couch to field a range of questions about his days in Windsor and Detroit, his experience running forward-thinking labels, and his constant drive to push the envelope of electronic music technology. The 90-plus-minute lecture gives an in-depth look into the artistic mindset and ongoing points of inspiration that have made Hawtin one of techno's most pioneering producers and DJs. The full RBMA lecture can be watched here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player