Watch Todd Edwards' RBMA Lecture
- Words: Tim Gentles
While we wait for the second NYC session of Red Bull Music Academy to kick off this coming Sunday, RMBA has shared its recent lecture with New Jersey-garage elder statesman Todd Edwards. In the course of the nearly hour-and-a-half-long discussion, Edwards touches on his own discovery of house music in the early '90s, the difference between house and garage (turns out it comes down to the prevalence of samples, the speed of the track, and garage's shuffling beat), and why he decided to return to music after taking a hiatus a few years back. Like all of the RMBA lectures, the producer plays some of his classic tracks—discussing their technical creation as well as the context in which they were released—and then takes a number of questions from the audience along the way. The lecture can be watched in full here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- MP3Rhythm Operator "Mind Wave"
- NewsStream Massimiliano Pagliara's New LP for Live at Robert Johnson
XLR8R Downloads Player