Watch Todd Edwards' RBMA Lecture
- Words: Tim Gentles
While we wait for the second NYC session of Red Bull Music Academy to kick off this coming Sunday, RMBA has shared its recent lecture with New Jersey-garage elder statesman Todd Edwards. In the course of the nearly hour-and-a-half-long discussion, Edwards touches on his own discovery of house music in the early '90s, the difference between house and garage (turns out it comes down to the prevalence of samples, the speed of the track, and garage's shuffling beat), and why he decided to return to music after taking a hiatus a few years back. Like all of the RMBA lectures, the producer plays some of his classic tracks—discussing their technical creation as well as the context in which they were released—and then takes a number of questions from the audience along the way. The lecture can be watched in full here.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player