In a press release that arrived at the XLR8R office the other day, Turntable Lab extended its invitation to remix Plastic Little to include “deejays, remixers, mash-up artists, breakdancers, art school students, unpaid interns, coffee shop employees, advertising hacks, out-of-work actors, ex-reality show contestants who lost, ex-New Ravers, ex-electroclash fans, and parents.” That should include just about anyone reading this, so listen up.
Read more »
As previously stated on xlr8r.com, leftfield Japanese outfit OOIOO will be heading to the States shortly, to wow crowd with their punked-out brand of art rock (whatever that means).
First though, the folks at Thrill Jockey have been nice enough to share the video for the band's track "Umo," which features, perhaps predictably, strange creatures beating drums and dancing around a blinding white backdrop. Perhaps we can expect the same for the live show.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player