BNJMN to Release New EP via Rush Hour
- Words: Tim Gentles
Yesterday, we reported on a new mix from BNJMN, and today, the UK-based DJ/producer has detailed a forthcoming 12" for Rush Hour. Called Hummingbird, the new EP is said to be directly inspired by the bird of the same name—more specifically, the ultra-fast wing speed which gives it the ability to fly slower than other birds. According to the artist, "This seemed to tie in with some ideas I'd been playing around with, to create tracks that are fast and accelerated, but could also sound slow." The record features three new productions from BNJMN which excel at the producer's particular brand of melodic, sparkling house, and also includes the first ever remix from Legowelt's and Xosar's collaborative Xamiga project. Before it drops on July 8, the artwork and tracklist for Hummingbird can be found below, and a preview of its four tracks is available to hear over on Juno.
B2. Hummingbird (Xamiga Remix)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player