BNJMN to Release New EP via Rush Hour
- Words: Tim Gentles
Yesterday, we reported on a new mix from BNJMN, and today, the UK-based DJ/producer has detailed a forthcoming 12" for Rush Hour. Called Hummingbird, the new EP is said to be directly inspired by the bird of the same name—more specifically, the ultra-fast wing speed which gives it the ability to fly slower than other birds. According to the artist, "This seemed to tie in with some ideas I'd been playing around with, to create tracks that are fast and accelerated, but could also sound slow." The record features three new productions from BNJMN which excel at the producer's particular brand of melodic, sparkling house, and also includes the first ever remix from Legowelt's and Xosar's collaborative Xamiga project. Before it drops on July 8, the artwork and tracklist for Hummingbird can be found below, and a preview of its four tracks is available to hear over on Juno.
B2. Hummingbird (Xamiga Remix)
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player