Check Out Dre Skull's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Brooklyn producer and Mixpak label head Dre Skull was invited to sit on the blue coach down at Red Bull Music Academy's New York headquarters, where he gave a lecture during its recent second session late last month. The 90-minute discussion—which covers the multi-talented artist's career from first reaching out to Jamaican vocalists all the way to his current projects with Popcaan, Beenie Man, and (no shit) Snoop Lion—is now available to watch in full. In addition, the Brooklyn resident discusses his experience running a label in the current music industry and shares the stories behind a number of tracks from across his exceptional career. Dre Skull's entire RBMA lecture can be watched below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player