Check Out Dre Skull's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Brooklyn producer and Mixpak label head Dre Skull was invited to sit on the blue coach down at Red Bull Music Academy's New York headquarters, where he gave a lecture during its recent second session late last month. The 90-minute discussion—which covers the multi-talented artist's career from first reaching out to Jamaican vocalists all the way to his current projects with Popcaan, Beenie Man, and (no shit) Snoop Lion—is now available to watch in full. In addition, the Brooklyn resident discusses his experience running a label in the current music industry and shares the stories behind a number of tracks from across his exceptional career. Dre Skull's entire RBMA lecture can be watched below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player