Delsin Preps New Compilation as 100th Release
- Words: Jesse Sussman
To celebrate its milestone of 100 cataloged releases, Dutch label Delsin has announced plans to release a compilation which will be stretched across five 12" EPs featuring various aritsts—alternatively available as a single box set or a 15-track CD. Label head Marsel van der Wielen offered some insight on the release series, saying, "With this compilation, I try a bit to go back to the core of Delsin, to showcase the more soulful but still raw techno sounds from a selection of key artists who best represent the label." The first EP will be 100DSR/VAR1, and features contributions from Gerry Read (whose new record we recently reviewed) Claro Intelecto, and Unbroken Dub. Further installments of Delsin's celebratory release series will offer tunes from the likes of Delta Funktionen, Conforce, and Redshape, among others. Snippets from 100DSR/VAR1 can be heard below, before it's released on June 24.
a1. Claro Intelecto - Fighting The Blind Man
b1. Gerry Read - Granny Bag
b2. Unbroken Dub - Spacing
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player