Download a New Mix from James Holden
- Words: Tim Gentles
Border Community boss James Holden has shared a new mix ahead of the release of his second album, The Inheritors, on June 17. The announcement of the record back in March was long-awaited, with this being the UK producer's first proper follow-up to his 2006 debut, The Idiots Are Winning. His DJ set for Resident Advisor's podcast series was allegedly conceived as a "companion piece" to the record and is a sprawling, sometimes beguiling listen. Featuring artists from such diverse backgrounds as the scuffed techno of Andy Stott, the neo-kraut of Jonas Reinhardt, and the free jazz of Pharoah Sanders, the mix should give listeners a taste of The Inheritors, which is said to be influenced by ceilidh music, pentatonic folk scales, and ancient pagan rituals. The mix is available to download, along with a quick interview with Holden, over at Resident Advisor, here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player