Gerd to Release Edit of Classic NY's Finest Track
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After playing it out for years, Dutch DJ/producer and 4Lux label head Gerd's edit of the classic NY's Finest tune "Do You Feel Me" will see an official 12" release at the end of next month. Gerd's "No-Kicks-Re-Interpretation" comes 20 years after the '93 original was first issued, and—as the title implies—finds its editor removing the original track's four-on-the-floor slam in favor of letting the jumping piano chords and wandering bassline push it along. While no exact release date has been set, we're told to expect the re-interpretation to drop sometime before the end of July via Gerd's own label. Until then, a preview of Gerd's edit can be heard below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player