Hyperdub Announces Debut LP from Jessy Lanza, Shares First Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Tim Saccenti
Kode9's longstanding Hyperdub label has welcomed an ever-increasing range of electronic music onto its roster over the past few years, bringing diverse artists like Laurel Halo and DJ Rashad to join Burial, Terror Danjah, and the rest of its regulars. Now, a Canadian singer/producer by the name of Jessy Lanza will join the ranks with her debut LP, Pull My Hair Back. Co-written and co-produced with Junior Boys member Jeremy Greenspan, Lanza's forthcoming album is said to feature electronic pop that is "graceful and erotic without the gratuitous close ups," as well as "icey and sensual, sweet without rotting your teeth." The first taste of what exactly that might all mean has also arrived today in the form of a video for album cut "Kathy Lee." That clip can be found below, along with the artwork and tracklist for Pull My Hair Back, before the nine-song album is released on September 10.
03 Kathy Lee
04 Fuck Diamond
05 Keep Moving
06 Against the Wall
07 Pull My Hair Back
08 As If
09 Strange Emotion
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player