Jackson and His Computerband Readies Sophomore LP for Warp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Believe it or not, Boards of Canada isn't the only Warp-signed artist to release an album in 2005 and then wait eight years to issue its follow up. That distinction also belongs to French outfit Jackson and His Computerband, whose genre-splicing Smash LP wowed electronic music fans on the hunt for heavily textured sound design and crunchy beatwork before he promptly returned to relative obscurity. But all of that is primed to change when the producer born Jackson Fourgeaud drops his second album, Glow. The 12-track LP is scheduled for release on September 3, and if the preview embedded below is any clear indication, the record will offer the same kinds of intricately detailed and high-definition production as its predecessor. Leading up to the unveiling of Glow, Jackson and His Computerband will hit the road for a string of tour dates this summer. The current list of performances can be found below, along with the artwork, tracklist, and trailer for Glow.
03. Dead Living Things
04. G.I. Jane (Fill Me Up)
06. Blood Bust
09. Arp #1
Jun 13-15 @ Sonar Festival, Spain
Jun 28-30 @ Garorock, Marmande, France
Jul 5 @ Astropolis, Brest, France
Jul 6 @ Eurockeennes, Belfort, France"
Jul 8 @ Calvi on the Rocks, Corsica, France
Aug 10-11 @ Summersonic Japan
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player