Listen to Beautiful Swimmers' Debut LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After a bit of a quiet period, the DC-based Future Times label is moving fast at the moment, having dropped a new EP from Huerco S. a few weeks back and preparing for next month's release of the debut LP by Beautiful Swimmers (a.k.a. Future Times co-head Andrew Field-Pickering—perhaps better known as Maxmillion Dunbar—and Ari Goldman). But before the pair's Son album drops on July 9, its 11 tracks can now be streamed in full. As to be expected, Beautiful Swimmer's record is quite a varied affair, one that inhabits the more galactically inspired ends of house and disco with flashes of dreamy boogie and recurring glimpses of sun-soaked electronics strewn throughout. Son can be heared in its entirety over on NPR.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player