Listen to Beautiful Swimmers' Debut LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After a bit of a quiet period, the DC-based Future Times label is moving fast at the moment, having dropped a new EP from Huerco S. a few weeks back and preparing for next month's release of the debut LP by Beautiful Swimmers (a.k.a. Future Times co-head Andrew Field-Pickering—perhaps better known as Maxmillion Dunbar—and Ari Goldman). But before the pair's Son album drops on July 9, its 11 tracks can now be streamed in full. As to be expected, Beautiful Swimmer's record is quite a varied affair, one that inhabits the more galactically inspired ends of house and disco with flashes of dreamy boogie and recurring glimpses of sun-soaked electronics strewn throughout. Son can be heared in its entirety over on NPR.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player