Machinedrum Announces New LP for Ninja Tune, Shares First Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Despite staying busy with both his two collaborative projects—Sepalcure with Braille and JETS with Jimmy Edgar—the New York-via-Berlin producer Machinedrum (a.k.a. Travis Stewart) hasn't released a proper solo album since 2011's Room(s). Today, Stewart announced that that would be changing soon with the forthcoming release of his Vapor City LP, and has shared the album's mighty first single, "Eyesdontlie," as well. As Pitchfork reports, the new effort is due sometime in the fall via the legendary Ninja Tune label, with each track representing different boroughs and locations of the fictitious Vapor City, a metropolis spawned out of Stewart's imagination. While Machinedrum's next album has yet to be given a release date, "Eyesdontlie" can be streamed here before it's released as a single with b-side "Body Touch" on July 29.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player