Machinedrum Announces New LP for Ninja Tune, Shares First Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Despite staying busy with both his two collaborative projects—Sepalcure with Braille and JETS with Jimmy Edgar—the New York-via-Berlin producer Machinedrum (a.k.a. Travis Stewart) hasn't released a proper solo album since 2011's Room(s). Today, Stewart announced that that would be changing soon with the forthcoming release of his Vapor City LP, and has shared the album's mighty first single, "Eyesdontlie," as well. As Pitchfork reports, the new effort is due sometime in the fall via the legendary Ninja Tune label, with each track representing different boroughs and locations of the fictitious Vapor City, a metropolis spawned out of Stewart's imagination. While Machinedrum's next album has yet to be given a release date, "Eyesdontlie" can be streamed here before it's released as a single with b-side "Body Touch" on July 29.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player