Machinedrum Announces New LP for Ninja Tune, Shares First Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Despite staying busy with both his two collaborative projects—Sepalcure with Braille and JETS with Jimmy Edgar—the New York-via-Berlin producer Machinedrum (a.k.a. Travis Stewart) hasn't released a proper solo album since 2011's Room(s). Today, Stewart announced that that would be changing soon with the forthcoming release of his Vapor City LP, and has shared the album's mighty first single, "Eyesdontlie," as well. As Pitchfork reports, the new effort is due sometime in the fall via the legendary Ninja Tune label, with each track representing different boroughs and locations of the fictitious Vapor City, a metropolis spawned out of Stewart's imagination. While Machinedrum's next album has yet to be given a release date, "Eyesdontlie" can be streamed here before it's released as a single with b-side "Body Touch" on July 29.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player