Midland Launches New Label, Previews First Release
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: James Clothier
With a trail of noteworthy releases for Aus and collaborations alongside Pearson Sound's old Ramadanman moniker, Breach, and Pariah to his name, London producer Midland (a.k.a. Harry Agius) has decided to launch his own label, Graded, with the imprint's first 12" single set to drop next month. In an email, Midland explains that Graded will focus "on vinyl [releases] with full artwork sleeves, 180-gram pressings, and locked grooves," though all of its records will also be available digitally. The new label is said to initially serve as an outlet for Agius' own productions and collaborations, but will also look to include music from his peers that fit with the label's tone, which the owner describes as "left-of-center electronic club music." Midland's own "Archive 01" b/w "Realtime" single is set to drop on July 15, and can be previewed via the player below.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player