Ministry of Sound Launches New Imprint, Previews First Release
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Longstanding electronic institution Ministry of Sound has launched a new imprint known simply by the name HK, announcing that the label's first release will arrive later this month via UK producer The Golden Boy. The Birmingham-based producer chosen to deliver HK's inaugural record is not entirely unfamiliar to the XLR8R pages, as he gave us a sumptuous free tune from his EP for Kerri Chandler's MTDL digi-label back in March. The young producer's Higher EP will officially launch the Ministry of Sound-helmed HK imprint when it drops on June 17, but before then, The Golden Boy's forthcoming three-track effort can be previewed below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player