Mo' Wax to Celebrate 21 Years with Retrospective Exhibition
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Home to notable acts such as UNKLE, DJ Krush, and, of course, DJ Shadow, Mo' Wax will be celebrating its 21st anniversary next year, and have announced plans to mark the occasion with a retrospective exhibition of memoribilia, art, and the like from the label's history. With the first exhibition set to take place in London in 2014, label boss James Lavelle (pictured above) and his crew have launched a Kickstarter campaign to help raise money for the event, which they hope will be able to tour internationally after debuting in London. The proposed Urban Archaeology exhibition will include "never before seen artwork, proofs, paintings, toys, and clothing, as well as personal notes and other memorabilia," from the Mo' Wax archive. Depending on how much supporters are willing to offer up for the cause, an array of gifts are being offered, with one price point even granting contributors the label's entire back catalog on vinyl. A video of Lavelle's own explanation of the project along with a peek into the Mo' Wax archives can be found below. More information about the Kickstarter campaign is available to peruse here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player