Mo' Wax to Celebrate 21 Years with Retrospective Exhibition
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Home to notable acts such as UNKLE, DJ Krush, and, of course, DJ Shadow, Mo' Wax will be celebrating its 21st anniversary next year, and have announced plans to mark the occasion with a retrospective exhibition of memoribilia, art, and the like from the label's history. With the first exhibition set to take place in London in 2014, label boss James Lavelle (pictured above) and his crew have launched a Kickstarter campaign to help raise money for the event, which they hope will be able to tour internationally after debuting in London. The proposed Urban Archaeology exhibition will include "never before seen artwork, proofs, paintings, toys, and clothing, as well as personal notes and other memorabilia," from the Mo' Wax archive. Depending on how much supporters are willing to offer up for the cause, an array of gifts are being offered, with one price point even granting contributors the label's entire back catalog on vinyl. A video of Lavelle's own explanation of the project along with a peek into the Mo' Wax archives can be found below. More information about the Kickstarter campaign is available to peruse here.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player