RAMP Imprint PTN to Return with New 12" from Thefft
- Words: James Eaton
Though the RAMP label has stayed plenty busy over the years (so has its Fourth Wave imprint, for that matter), its PTN sub-label hasn't issued a record since Hackman's "Agree to Disagree" b/w "Sunburst" 12" back in 2011. However, after resolving some so-called "distributor issues" and "legal chats," the dormant record hub is ready to jump back into action with the release of a new 12" by UK up-and-comer Thefft. The London DJ/producer's "There for Me" b/w "Contextual" record is said to hit a "jazzy note" for the artist, and will appear on vinyl and digital formats on July 29. RAMP also states that PTN "will be less focused on the colourful side of British house" moving forward, and will act as the label's decidedly "single/dancefloor"-focused arm. Music from Red Rack'em, Ital, Palace, and Bad Autopsy is said to be on the way in the coming months. Before then, Thefft's new 12" can be previewed in the player below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player