RAMP Imprint PTN to Return with New 12" from Thefft
- Words: James Eaton
Though the RAMP label has stayed plenty busy over the years (so has its Fourth Wave imprint, for that matter), its PTN sub-label hasn't issued a record since Hackman's "Agree to Disagree" b/w "Sunburst" 12" back in 2011. However, after resolving some so-called "distributor issues" and "legal chats," the dormant record hub is ready to jump back into action with the release of a new 12" by UK up-and-comer Thefft. The London DJ/producer's "There for Me" b/w "Contextual" record is said to hit a "jazzy note" for the artist, and will appear on vinyl and digital formats on July 29. RAMP also states that PTN "will be less focused on the colourful side of British house" moving forward, and will act as the label's decidedly "single/dancefloor"-focused arm. Music from Red Rack'em, Ital, Palace, and Bad Autopsy is said to be on the way in the coming months. Before then, Thefft's new 12" can be previewed in the player below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player