Stream Juan Atkins' and Moritz von Oswald's Debut LP as Borderland
- Words: Tim Gentles
In anticipation of next week's release of the full-length debut from the collaboration between Juan Atkins and Moritz von Oswald, the duo has made its eponymous Borderland album available to stream in full. Both techno legends in their own right—Atkins' various projects helped kickstart techno in Detroit in the mid '80s and von Oswald is a founding member of German minimal-techno innovators Basic Channel—this is not the first time the pair have worked together, with both having contributed to each others' records in the early '90s. The sessions that led to this release allegedly took place spontaneously in Berlin earlier this year, and the result finds the duo exploring long-form, bass-heavy techno. Borderland is out via Tresor on June 10, but can be heard in its entirety over at Resident Advisor in the meantime, here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player