Stream the New Stellar Om Source LP
- Words: Tim Gentles
Next week, Hague-based artist Christelle Gualdi (a.k.a. Stellar Om Source) is releasing her first full-length in three years via on-point Brooklyn label RVNG, but has unveiled a full stream of the music prior to then. In contrast to the producer's earlier self-released CDRs, which were largely beatless exercises in cosmic synth music, Joy One Mile finds Gualdi exploring the rhythmic structures and sonic possibilities of early Detroit techno. Like lead single "Elite Excel," the record marries skeletal electro beats to cerebral synth workouts, and makes for very compelling listening. Joy One Mile will drop on June 11; in the meantime, you can listen to the whole thing over at Pitchfork.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player