Stream the New Stellar Om Source LP
- Words: Tim Gentles
Next week, Hague-based artist Christelle Gualdi (a.k.a. Stellar Om Source) is releasing her first full-length in three years via on-point Brooklyn label RVNG, but has unveiled a full stream of the music prior to then. In contrast to the producer's earlier self-released CDRs, which were largely beatless exercises in cosmic synth music, Joy One Mile finds Gualdi exploring the rhythmic structures and sonic possibilities of early Detroit techno. Like lead single "Elite Excel," the record marries skeletal electro beats to cerebral synth workouts, and makes for very compelling listening. Joy One Mile will drop on June 11; in the meantime, you can listen to the whole thing over at Pitchfork.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player