Stream Yosi Horikawa's Debut Album
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Bubblin' Up Japanese producer Yosi Horikawa will release his debut full-length—an immersive journey through carefully crafted beatwork and highly detailed sound design—next week, but before then, is offering eager fans and curious listeners a chance to hear the 16-track Vapor now. Horikawa's record appears to be quite an ambitious undertaking for a first album, one that covers a wide range of sonic territory while attempting to marry the gifted producer's immense skill for aural sculptures with a loose, vaguely jazz-informed musicality. Below, the former RBMA graduate's forthcoming LP can be streamed in its entirety before it drops on June 24 via the First Word label.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player