Video: Walton "Frisbee"
- Words: Tim Gentles
Manchester's Walton is one of the Hyperdub stable's most gifted young producers, who at the age of 22 has already released three EP's through the label and is set to drop his debut album on July 1. In anticipation of the arrival of the Beyond LP, the bass-minded producer has made available an appropriately futuristic video for album track "Frisbee." The clip juxtaposes mechanical imagery, such as pistons monotonously working, with ominous visuals of human skeletons and oil droplets spilling, all rendered in gloriously cruddy CGI. It's definitely in keeping with the dark, jittery sci-fi vibe of the track, which is a smudged, grime-influenced slice of contemporary UK bass music.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player