Watch a Mini-Doc About the LA Beat Scene
- Words: Jesse Sussman
While there have been plenty of these types of pieces made, this short documentary about the LA beat scene is one of the better executed ones. Featuring appearances from Daedelus, Free The Robots, Juj, and MNDSGN, among others, the video tells the story behind one of the most influential music scenes in recent memory. The artists describe the humble origins of their musical movement, discuss the birth and rise to notoriety of the genre-defining Low End Theory party, and talk about their own inspirations and production processes throughout the 10-minute clip. The aptly titled Not a Beat, Not a Scene can be watched below.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player