Watch a Mini-Doc About the LA Beat Scene
- Words: Jesse Sussman
While there have been plenty of these types of pieces made, this short documentary about the LA beat scene is one of the better executed ones. Featuring appearances from Daedelus, Free The Robots, Juj, and MNDSGN, among others, the video tells the story behind one of the most influential music scenes in recent memory. The artists describe the humble origins of their musical movement, discuss the birth and rise to notoriety of the genre-defining Low End Theory party, and talk about their own inspirations and production processes throughout the 10-minute clip. The aptly titled Not a Beat, Not a Scene can be watched below.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player