Watch a Video for Oneohtrix Point Never's New Single for Warp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Even when considering the detailed description that this clip for an excerpt of Oneohtrix Point Never's new "Still Life" track was sent over with, we can't pretend to make any actual sense out of Nate Boyce's visual work. As the press release explains, we're apparently watching, "Cryptic ads for obscure objects, fragments of sculptural forms, and remnants of material surfaces... with bulging semi-solids, unctuous quasi-liquids that are agitated into an animated flow." But maybe it's better that way, because the new sounds from experimental Brooklyn artist Daniel Lopatin are as equally fragmented, mind boggling, and engrossingly cryptic. The whole thing can be seen and heard in the player below, before Oneohtrix Point Never's R Plus Seven LP—the details of which can be found here—drops on October 1 via Warp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player