Check Out a New Beat Tape from Knxwledge
- Words: Jesse Sussman
Fresh off the release of his 53-track double-cassette for Stones Throw—from which we recently shared a free download—unceasingly prolific beatmaker Knxwledge (a.k.a. Glen Boothe) has added yet another beat tape to his ever-expanding catalog. The 8-track Hexual.Sealings.Prt.5 sees the LA resident continuing to experiment with his mellow, soul- and hip-hop-focused sound, flipping loads of samples—including a hazy, stripped-down rendition of Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie" single. The entirety of Knwledge's new offering can be streamed below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player