Check Out a Rare In-Person Q&A with Zomby
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Shawn Brackbill
It verges on tiresome to list the number of idiosyncrasies which have come to define the public persona of New York-based producer Zomby, but "elusive" and "outspoken" are easily at the top of his seeming character traits. As he's more interested to mouth-off on Twitter than he is to engage in a proper interview, XLR8R was unable to talk with the artist in preparation for our Deep Inside feature on his brand-new With Love album for 4AD, but now, a Q&A with Zomby has surfaced which was actually conducted in person. The piece appeared today over on Pitchfork, and features an introduction almost as long as the conversation itself. But those opening paragraphs tell the understandably frustrating—not to mention interesting—story of actually having to track down Zomby, which helps give a useful bit of context to the following questions about UK dance music, anonymity, fashion, nostalgia, With Love, and more. The whole thing can be read here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player