Daedelus Preps New LP for Anticon, Shares First Single
Longstanding LA beatsmith Daedelus has announced that he will release his next LP via the ever-expanding Anticon label this fall. Called Drown Out, the prolific producer's forthcoming album is said to take on a more melancholic and reflective tone than much of his past output, with many of its songs having been made while the artist was forced to deal with the passing of close friends and family members. Daedelus explains in his own words, "Everyone deals with death and departure in their own way. For me, it started to stew and manifest itself in sound... There was a longing to express myself louder then the grief. This is the album that I needed to make.” Drown Out will see its official release on September 17, but before then, a stream of lead single "Paradiddle" can be found below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player