Gaslamp Killer Recounts a Recent Near-Death Experience
After crashing his scooter early Tuesday morning, LA beat scene mainstay and Low End Theory regular Gaslamp Killer was taken to a nearby hospital where he learned he had caused extensive internal bleeding and was in need of immediate surgery. Fortunately, he has lived to tell the tale. In an intense interview with LA Weekly which first hit the web on Wednesday, the SoCal producer/DJ recounted the events which led to his incredibly close call and ultimately ended with his spleen being removed. The entire interview can be read here, and while Gaslamp Killer is not seeking any financial help to foot the hospital bill—his insurance covers that—we're sure well wishes for a speedy recovery are welcome to be sent his way.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player