Grouper and Lawrence English to Release Album as Slow Walkers
- Words: Patric Fallon
Nascent LA label Peak Oil has shared the details of its third release, a collaborative LP from ambient-inclined experimentalist Grouper (pictured above) and academic sound artist Lawrence English. The pair's six-track, self-titled debut is said to be "born from a mutual fascination with horrific depictions of the human present and future," and will appear on August 20 as a vinyl pressing limited to 400 copies. Before Slow Walker's first record drops next month, its artwork, tracklist, and closing song can be found below.
2 Torn Cloth
3 The Flood
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player