Jimmy Edgar's Ultramajic Label Readies New Release Series
- Words: Leo Maymind
Not long after dropping his own Hot Inside EP, Berlin-based DJ/producer Jimmy Edgar is ready to launch a new series of releases for his recently inaugurated Ultramajic imprint. Edgar came up with the idea for Metaphysix with long-time creative partner Pilar Zeta, and in talking about its concept, says, "Reality is based upon thought systems, and this is the core of music and vibration. [For] each chapter of the series, we will give these ideas to the artists for them to interpret in any way they choose." The first installment is a four-song split EP which centers around the theme of "Mentalism." The a-side features two tracks by the elusive Aden that flirt with dub-techno textures and footwork-influenced vocal samples, while the b-side is credited to Creepy Autograph, a collection of Detroit producers who deal with a kind of jacking dancefloor funk not far from Edgar's own work. The EP will be released in vinyl and digital forms on September 23, and can be previewed below.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player