Marcel Dettmann and Lucy to Issue Next Installment of Bleep's 12" Series
- Words: Tim Gentles
Berlin techno stalwarts Marcel Dettmann (who issued his XLR8R podcast just last month, and is pictured above) and Lucy are the latest producers to contribute to online music retailer Bleep's ongoing series of 12" singles, produced in collaboration with design collective GiveUpArt and photographer Shaun Bloodworth. This will be the fourth installment of The Green Series, which was inaugurated last fall, and whose previous contributors include Karenn, The Analogue Cops, Objekt, Cosmin TRG, Steffi, and Redshape. On this edition, Bleep offers up a double a-side from the Berlin-based artists, with Dettmann turning in an elastic masterclass of techno production on "Ride," while Lucy's "Slaves' March" is abstract, pummelling, and noisy. Before the limited-edition record drops on August 5, short previews of both tracks are available to stream in the player below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player