Marcel Dettmann and Lucy to Issue Next Installment of Bleep's 12" Series
- Words: Tim Gentles
Berlin techno stalwarts Marcel Dettmann (who issued his XLR8R podcast just last month, and is pictured above) and Lucy are the latest producers to contribute to online music retailer Bleep's ongoing series of 12" singles, produced in collaboration with design collective GiveUpArt and photographer Shaun Bloodworth. This will be the fourth installment of The Green Series, which was inaugurated last fall, and whose previous contributors include Karenn, The Analogue Cops, Objekt, Cosmin TRG, Steffi, and Redshape. On this edition, Bleep offers up a double a-side from the Berlin-based artists, with Dettmann turning in an elastic masterclass of techno production on "Ride," while Lucy's "Slaves' March" is abstract, pummelling, and noisy. Before the limited-edition record drops on August 5, short previews of both tracks are available to stream in the player below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player