Marcos Cabral Drops Double-LP via L.I.E.S.
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The other half of Jacques Renault's Runaway project, Marcos Cabral has released a double-LP compiled from cassette experiements originally produced between 1998 and 2000. Out now via the prolific L.I.E.S. label, Cabral's False Memories album covers four sides of vinyl with a diverse range of electronic music resulting from the artist's earliest production experiments. "I knew nothing about 'making' music at [the] time," Cabral explains of the origins of the album material in a press release. "[I] was using this fairly primitive looping program called Acid. I just started recording my crappy Roland MC-303 into my computer and would just mash loops together over and over." The full tracklist and artwork for False Memories and a "long mix" of album cut "Solid Nature" can be found below.
A2 Homemade Muffler
A3 Pressed for Time
A4 Solid Nature
B1 North Carolina
B2 Music for Driving
B3 Unusually Early
C1 Repaired Clocks
C2 New Home
C3 Countdown Interlude
C4 Juke the Box
D2 Broken Clocks
D3 Failing Liver
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player