Video: Blondes "Elise"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Just last month, NYC duo Blondes graced us with a stream of its new album, Swisher, and they now have a syrupy, lo-fi new video for "Elise", the record's closing cut. The seven-minute clip finds director Greg Zifcak (who has also been responsible for past Blondes visuals) pairing swimming geometric shapes in a wash of hazy atmospheric colors and patterns. It's as mesmerizing as the accompanying track, and makes a great metaphor for the band, as Blondes has always been content to find ways of marrying futuristic forms with its own analog-driven infatuation. Though it's currently available as a digital download, Swisher will be released on double-LP and CD via RVNG on August 6, and the band will celebrate with a record release show in Brooklyn on July 20 at 285 Kent. Blondes' updated list of European tour dates can be viewed below.
08/02 - OFF Festival - Katowice, Poland
08/03 - Nachtdigital - Olganitz, Germany
08/09 - Razzmatazz - Barcelona, Spain
08/16 - Panoramabar - Berlin, Germany
08/17 - Ostre - Bergen, Norway
08/22 - Sneaky Petes - Edinburgh, UK
08/23 - Start The Bus - Bristol, UK
08/24 - Soup Kitchen - Manchester, UK
08/25 - Bussey Building - London, UK
08/30 - Kuntshalle - Zurich, Switzerland
08/31 - Opium - Vilnius, Lithuania
09/01 - Electric Picnic Festival - Stradbally, Ireland
09/08 - Muziekgebouw - Amsterdam, NL
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player