Video Premiere: Brynjolfur "I Love You"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Danish producer Brynjolfur has dabbled in classic acid and house textures in the past, so he certainly understands how to milk those sounds for all they are worth. The video for his latest track, "I Love You" (out now as part of The Pink Collection compilation from Eskimo, the label helmed by Lindstrøm, Prins Thomas, and Aeroplane), pairs those sounds with images of an attractive woman seemingly come to life in a medical laboratory, realizing her own physicality and beauty for the first time as she interacts with the world around her. Brynjolfur's production provides the soundtrack for her discoveries, utilizing classic '80s touchstones like saccharine strings, thick snares and claps, chorus-soaked Juno chords, and punchy kick drums while the retro imagery plays out.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player