Video Premiere: Brynjolfur "I Love You"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Danish producer Brynjolfur has dabbled in classic acid and house textures in the past, so he certainly understands how to milk those sounds for all they are worth. The video for his latest track, "I Love You" (out now as part of The Pink Collection compilation from Eskimo, the label helmed by Lindstrøm, Prins Thomas, and Aeroplane), pairs those sounds with images of an attractive woman seemingly come to life in a medical laboratory, realizing her own physicality and beauty for the first time as she interacts with the world around her. Brynjolfur's production provides the soundtrack for her discoveries, utilizing classic '80s touchstones like saccharine strings, thick snares and claps, chorus-soaked Juno chords, and punchy kick drums while the retro imagery plays out.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player