Video Premiere: Brynjolfur "I Love You"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Danish producer Brynjolfur has dabbled in classic acid and house textures in the past, so he certainly understands how to milk those sounds for all they are worth. The video for his latest track, "I Love You" (out now as part of The Pink Collection compilation from Eskimo, the label helmed by Lindstrøm, Prins Thomas, and Aeroplane), pairs those sounds with images of an attractive woman seemingly come to life in a medical laboratory, realizing her own physicality and beauty for the first time as she interacts with the world around her. Brynjolfur's production provides the soundtrack for her discoveries, utilizing classic '80s touchstones like saccharine strings, thick snares and claps, chorus-soaked Juno chords, and punchy kick drums while the retro imagery plays out.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player