Video Premiere: Julien Mier "Ever Lonely"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
"Ever Lonely," a standout cut from Dutch producer Julien Mier's recent Jane's Junkyard EP, has now received the video treatment. On its own, Mier's playful tune conjures up plenty of mechanical images—thanks largely to the intricate, machinist drum work heard throughout—so it only makes sense that the clip's director, Jurgen Oelen, has based his visual interpretation of the track around a busy assembly line. Perhaps the most impressive take away from Oelen's clip though, is how well it follows suit with Mier's constantly evolving tune, progressing right alongside the many unpredictable turns and glitched-out elements with just a humble assortment of cartoon-like visuals.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
XLR8R Downloads Player