Boards of Canada to Reissue Catalog on Vinyl
- Words: Leo Maymind
Reclusive Scottish duo Boards of Canada stepped back into the limelight this year with the release of Tomorrow's Harvest, and now, longtime label Warp has announced that it will repress the seminal group's back catalog on vinyl for the first time in over five years. Music Has the Right to Children, Geogaddi, and The Campfire Headphase will all be reissued on October 21, with each release getting cut from their original metalwork and DAT tapes. Mini-album Twoism and EPs In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country and Trans Canada Highway are set to follow on November 18. Each new pressing will come with a download code and an original Boards of Canada sticker design from the era of the album's original release, and all pre-orders will receive a 12" x 12" print. The full tracklist for each album and other details can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player