Body High to Tour North America with Juan Atkins, DJ Pierre, and Anthony Shakir
- Words: Tim Gentles
The Los Angeles-based Body High label—which is jointly run by DJ/producers Jerome LOL and Samo Sound Boy—has announced that its next North American tour will take place in October. The spate of performances are set to be structured a little unconventionally, and will see Samo Sound Boy and Jerome LOL playing a run of nine dates over three weekends, each weekend enlisting a different guest to share their bill. The first weekend will see the pair playing alongside Detroit icon Juan Atkins, the second with Chicago acid pioneer DJ Pierre, and the third with techno legend Anthony Shakir. Body High's fall tour will coincide with a free compilation from the label which will feature each of the artists involved in the tour—Samo Sound Boy's cut was recently featured in an installment of Press Play. While we wait for both the tour and the compilation, the complete run of dates can be viewed below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player