Check Out James Lavelle's Mix of Mo' Wax Classics
- Words: Leo Maymind
As we reported a few months ago, Mo' Wax, the legendary record label started by James Lavelle, is celebrating its 21st anniversary next year by putting on a retrospective in London called Urban Archeology, an event which will feature memoribilia, art, and the like from throuhgout the label's history. In order to raise money for the event, the label started a Kickstarter campaign, and now that the funding has been met, Lavelle has shared a mix of Mo' Wax classics that was originally meant for backers only. Called The Best of Mo' Wax Mix, the DJ set was put together by Lavelle, edited by Matthew Puffet, and features classic tunes from the likes of DJ Shadow, UNKLE, Blackalicious, Dr. Octagon, and Major Force. The whole mix can be streamed in full below. (via FACT)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player