Deepchord Announces New Album
- Words: Tim Gentles
Prolific Detroit artist Rod Modell has been making experimental dub-techno under the Deepchord moniker since 2000, and has today announced the project's latest full-length, 20 Electrostatic Soundfields. The album is planned for a release via Modell's longtime label home, Soma, marking his third release for the outpost. 20 Electrostatic Soundfields is said to be more ambient than its predecessors, and according to the press release, its 20 tracks are "an assemblage of conceptual audioscapes culled from video soundtrack and installation works made between 2008 and 2012." The press release also notes that "the album has an otherworldly, nocturnal feeling that would sit well on a David Lynch soundtrack." Before 20 Electrostatic Soundfields is released on September 30, its tracklist and artwork can be viewed below. Additionally, the full-length will be preceded by a three-track, limited-edition picture disc, entitled De Wallen, although no further details of that release are currently available.
02. De Wallen
04. Praying Wheel
05. Whispering Pines
14. Lotus Leaves
15. Larger Air
16. Amsterdam Remnant 6
19. Day's End
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player