John Tejada, The Field, and More to Celebrate 20 Years of Kompakt in Berlin
- Words: Jesse Sussman
Esteemed Cologne label Kompakt will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a week-long pop-up shop and events series, which will include music-making workshops and live performances from a number of the outpost's affiliates at Ableton headquarters in Berlin. Though the program's focus will be specifically on Ableton and Kompakt, a press release states that the events will also bring attention to the "local Berlin music community and beyond." The extensive affair will kick off on August 31 with a discussion from Kompakt co-founder Wolfgang Voigt and Ableton co-founder Gerhard Behles, and will end on September 7 with a closing party that features performances from John Tejada, Michael Mayer, Tobias Thomas, Blond:ish, Rebolledo, Stocksaur, Dave DK, Justus Köhncke, and Kölsch. Artists such as The Field (pictured above), Dauwd, Deadbeat, Blue Hawaii, and Coma are also scheduled to appear throughout the week. A full program of events and more information can be found here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player