John Tejada, The Field, and More to Celebrate 20 Years of Kompakt in Berlin
- Words: Jesse Sussman
Esteemed Cologne label Kompakt will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a week-long pop-up shop and events series, which will include music-making workshops and live performances from a number of the outpost's affiliates at Ableton headquarters in Berlin. Though the program's focus will be specifically on Ableton and Kompakt, a press release states that the events will also bring attention to the "local Berlin music community and beyond." The extensive affair will kick off on August 31 with a discussion from Kompakt co-founder Wolfgang Voigt and Ableton co-founder Gerhard Behles, and will end on September 7 with a closing party that features performances from John Tejada, Michael Mayer, Tobias Thomas, Blond:ish, Rebolledo, Stocksaur, Dave DK, Justus Köhncke, and Kölsch. Artists such as The Field (pictured above), Dauwd, Deadbeat, Blue Hawaii, and Coma are also scheduled to appear throughout the week. A full program of events and more information can be found here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player