Laurel Halo Readies Sophomore LP for Hyperdub
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Ismini Adami
The Brooklyn-based, Hyperdub-signed innovator Laurel Halo has just shared word of her forthcoming second LP for the UK label, a nine-track record she's named Chance of Rain. Said to be "a cerebral exploration of the intersection between rhythmic and ambient music, drawing together ideas of movement and stillness, psychedelia and presence of mind," the forthcoming album is set to follow the producer's remarkable Behind the Green Door EP from earlier this year, which seemed to explore similar intersecting territories of electronic music. Chance of Rain will arrive packaged with artwork created by Laurel Halo's father, who is described as "a visual artist whose work focuses on industrial landscapes of Michigan and the Rust Belt at large," when it is released on October 28. While we await Chance of Rain, its cover and tracklist can be perused below.
01 Dr. Echt
04 Chance Of Rain
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player