The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Jacques Greene, Moderat, Disclosure, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. We went deep with veteran producer Mark Pritchard (pictured above), who detailed his many projects and pseudonyms from the past two decades.
2. Canadian techno enthusiasts Gingy & Bordello delivered the latest chapter of the XLR8R podcast series.
3. Youthful UK duo Disclosure was at the helm of the Essential Mix last weekend. For those who missed it, a full stream appeared online.
4. Emiliana Torrini has a new LP on the way for Rough Trade, and Andrew Weatherall has remixed one of its tracks, "Speed of Dark." His rework is available for free download.
5. Back in July, Jacques Greene played at the Boiler Room's Pitchfork Festival afterparty, and this week, the video and audio stream surfaced on the web.
6. Brooklyn duo Blondes invited us to check out their production lair for the latest installment of our In the Studio series.
7. We published our official review of II, the sophomore LP from Moderat.
8. This week's contest offered XLR8R readers the chance to score a rare, imported box set from Kraftwerk. Enter now before it's too late.
9. Busy UK house maestro Hackman contributed a gem to our Downloads section this week, a remix of "Lazy Days" by the Big Chill Allstars.
10. Curious about his recent burst of energy (and his new solo releases), we caught up with veteran Bristol producer and Skull Disco alumnus Appleblim.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player