The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Shlohmo, Deadboy, Lindstrøm, and More
- Photo: Jimmy Mould
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's edition of the XLR8R podcast series features an exclusive mix from UK drum & bass veteran and Exit Records boss dBridge (pictured above).
2. The most popular tune from our Downloads section was a remix of Bristolian artist Phaeleh, whose mellow "Storm" was given a lively rework by UK producer Applebottom.
3. FACT's Against the Clock video series continues to impress, and the latest installment found UK house maestro Huxley turning out a tune in less than 10 minutes.
4. During our stint at MEG Montreal last weekend, XLR8R sat down with LA beatmaker Shlohmo for a brief interview.
5. This week's contest offered readers the chance to score a pair of quality headphones from Harmon/Kardon. Enter now before it's too late.
6. A new video surfaced this week in which Norway's Lindstrøm invited viewers inside his studio and detailed his production process.
7. UK producer Deadboy also appeared in a production-oriented video this week, although his offering had a much, well, different slant to it. Those who watch can see him explain "how to make hit records in, like, five minutes."
8. Fresh off the release of his new single, Fantastic Mr Fox participated in the latest edition of our Hi-Five series and told us about some of his favorite tunes.
9. Ahead of his forthcoming new EP for Ninja Tune, Milwaukee producer Lorn offered up a new mixtape, which he titled Self Confidence Vol. 3.
10. Our weekend at MEG Montreal was a busy one, but we also found the time to also speak with Machinedrum, who discussed his passion for collaboration, his plans to leave his current home in Berlin, and how he thinks the EDM boom is actually helping everyone.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
XLR8R Downloads Player