Move D to Release EP of Archival Material
- Words: Tim Gentles
Last weekend, XLR8R was fortunate enough to catch performances from Move D (real name David Moufang)—in addition to a plethora of other artists—at the first edition of Amsterdam's Dekmantel Festival, and now, the veteran DJ/producer has announced a new EP which will feature previously unreleased archival material. Set to arrive via the Off Minor label—which was recently inaugurated with the Crybaby J 12" from owner Jordan Czamanski (of Juju & Jordash)—The KMZ Tapes (1992-1996) consists of five tracks recorded by the German artist in the mid-'90s. The release is said to be the start of a larger project that will unearth older Move D material from the vaults, with Moufang giving Czamanski access to much of his as-yet-unreleased material. The KMZ Tapes will drop on September 9, but in the meantime, the short clip and tracklist below give an idea of what we should expect.
A1 Kriek - Animals
A2 Ovi Riese
B1 Ground Zero
B2 Picking Flowers for You (Off Major)
B3 March of the Cheesecrackers
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player