Osheaga MEG Pro Kicks Off Tonight in Montreal; Shlohmo, Machinedrum, Jimmy Edgar, and More Slated to Perform
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Few places are more enjoyable than Montreal in the summer, and the city's likability index is jumping an additional few notches this weekend, courtesy of Osheaga MEG Pro. A Voltron-esque combination of two esteemed Montreal festivals (the long-running MEG Montreal Festival and the indie-leaning Osheaga), Osheaga MEG Pro is billed as an "international music industry gathering," but what we truly care about is that the four-day event will be filled with some top-flight electronic talent. The festivities kick off tonight and run through the weekend, during which time the likes of Shlohmo (pictured above), Para One, Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team, Poirier, Machinedrum, Jimmy Edgar, and several others will be performing. The entire weekend's schedule can be viewed here, although that does not include the listing for MEG Montreal's closing boat party, which will include sets from The Hacker and Zombie Nation. As it happens, MEG—which initially kicked off last week and will ultimately run for 10 days in total—is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2013, and it seems that the festival organizers are celebrating that milestone in fine fashion. XLR8R will be attending MEG this weekend, so make sure to check the site next week for our festival review and some interviews with a few of the artists performing.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player