Russell Haswell and Regis Announce Collaborative EP for PAN
- Words: Tim Gentles
Downwards founder Regis (a.k.a. Karl O'Connor) and British noise luminary Russell Haswell (of Gescom and Haswell & Hecker fame) have shared details of a collaborative release under the name Concrete Fence. The three-track New Release (1) EP reportedly contains "inimitable experimental techno" from the two veteran artists, who first performed together under the Concrete Fence moniker at last year's Blackest Ever Black party in London. "Industrial Disease," which is available to stream below, combines warped, buried dancehall rhythms with thick, metallic drones for an utterly claustrophobic listen. PAN will issue New Release (1) in digital and vinyl formats on August 30.
A1. Industrial Disease
B1. The Unabridged Truth
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player