Russell Haswell and Regis Announce Collaborative EP for PAN
- Words: Tim Gentles
Downwards founder Regis (a.k.a. Karl O'Connor) and British noise luminary Russell Haswell (of Gescom and Haswell & Hecker fame) have shared details of a collaborative release under the name Concrete Fence. The three-track New Release (1) EP reportedly contains "inimitable experimental techno" from the two veteran artists, who first performed together under the Concrete Fence moniker at last year's Blackest Ever Black party in London. "Industrial Disease," which is available to stream below, combines warped, buried dancehall rhythms with thick, metallic drones for an utterly claustrophobic listen. PAN will issue New Release (1) in digital and vinyl formats on August 30.
A1. Industrial Disease
B1. The Unabridged Truth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player